Museum of Chinese in America (MOCA)’s Programs Internship provides an undergraduate or graduate student with a unique opportunity to gain skills and knowledge supporting the activities of the programming team (exhibitions, public programs, education, and collections) in the museum and non-profit field.
Our intern will support the continuation of an effective development program, which includes foundations, corporate, government, and individual support, and will obtain a valuable skillset in fundraising and programming for a Museum
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist with the planning, research, development, and implementation of programmatic activities for a range of target audiences
• Create marketing materials for upcoming programs, such as e-blasts, website text, flyers, etc.
• Assist with the museum’s community outreach initiatives
• Assist with day-of-event program coordination.
• Work experience in a professional office environment preferred.
• Excellent people and verbal/written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment; handle multiple tasks at once; adhere to deadlines
• Demonstrated interest in arts administration and/or development and fundraising.
• Proficiency in Adobe Design programs is a plus
• Experience with photo and/or video editing software is desired, but not required.
• An interest in Asian American Studies/Chinese American History
• Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required.
The Fellowship is funded by alumni members and friends of the NY Chapter of the Association of Asian American Yale Alumni (AAAYA), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. During the summer, fellows may be asked to assist AAAYA from time to time on discrete AAAYA-related projects and programs.
This fellow will receive a $3,500 stipend from AAAYA. Housing will not be provided
*Tentatively this internship will be conducted remotely due to COVID-19. However due to the fluidity of the situation this could become an on site role (MOCA will fully adhere to all recommended CDC guidelines). MOCA is monitoring the situation and planning accordingly.