The Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship (PPF), launched by NTU President Professor Suresh Subra in 2018, aims to provide the opportunity for outstanding early career researchers from Singapore and around the world, to conduct independent investigations in any discipline at NTU. This Fellowship provides research funding over two years. There is personal development opportunities coupled with mentorship in an established research group. These conditions will empower the Fellows to strive for research excellence and impact and enable them to meet their ambitions as global research leaders. More than 2500 applications have been received since the inaugural launch in 2018, with 35 successful awardees who have embarked on their new research journey with NTU.
The Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship provides:
– A two-year tenure with a salary of SGD 80,000 per year.
– A research grant of up to SGD 100,000 per year.
– A housing grant of SGD 18,000 per year with eligibility for subsidized apartment accommodation (subject to availability)
– Relocation expenses of up to SGD 4,000 (if eligible)
– Mentorship and support in an established research group.
– Opportunity to work with faculty in mentoring graduate students.
– Exposure to the most dynamic and diverse global growth regions.
– Within 5 years of obtaining Ph.D. or equivalent degree
– Demonstrable intellectual excellence.
– Maturity and capacity to begin an independent research career.
– Desire and potential to develop as a future academic leader.
– Submit a thoughtful and realistic research proposal
– Be available to take up the position no later than 31 Dec 2021.
How to apply
The application is open from 15 January 2021 to 15 April 2021 (Singapore Time, UTC+8).
Applications must submitted in electronic format via NTU Online Application Portal(https://venus.wis.ntu.edu.sg/POAL/OnlineApplicationModule/frmOnlineApplication.aspx)
The following supporting documents have to be attached to the online application form:
1. Cover Letter
2. Comprehensive CV (with full publication list)
3. Official transcript or Degree Certificate in English (PhD’s degree)
4. Research proposal (in no more than 2 pages, template for download)
5. Contact information of two referees (one must be PhD Supervisor)
6. Top 3 publications (in PDF) and any other supporting documents (scanned copy)
Interested applicants are advised to have them ready before applying on-line. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
For more information on the Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship 2021, please visit http://www.ntu.edu.sg/tracs/ppf
Queries about the application can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.