The National Cannabis Industry Association (NCIA) is seeking an intern for our Marketing and Media Relations departments. NCIA’s mission is to promote the growth of a responsible and legitimate cannabis industry and work for a favorable social, economic and legal environment for the industry in the United States. NCIA is the nation’s oldest and largest trade association representing the industry. The intern will primarily work with the marketing team.
NCIA believes in treating all people with respect and dignity. We strive to create and foster a supportive and understanding environment in which all individuals realise their maximum potential within the organization, regardless of their differences. We believe that the wide array of perspectives that results from workplace diversity promotes innovation and long-term organizational success. We expect interns to uphold NCIA’s core values which include being accountable, ready for change, invested, team-oriented and responsive.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft email copy
- Assist with copy editing
- Assist with sponsorship fulfillment reporting for digital campaigns
- Quick graphic design requests
- Make routine updates to website content
- Occasional scheduling assistance
- Obtain and update journalist contact information
- Occasional research – media history, government websites/reports, scientific databases
Applicants must demonstrate:
- A strong work ethic, desire to learn, and intellectual curiosity in the cannabis industry
- Ability to write, communicate, and manage multiple tasks at one time
- Positive and upbeat attitude
- A general understanding about current federal and state cannabis legislation
- Must be at least 21 years of age
As a part-time internship, this position will be expected to perform 8-10 hours of work per-week on average.