The National Endowment for Democracy (NED) is a federally funded, private, nonprofit grant making organization that works to support freedom around the world and is seeking a paid Intern for the Africa Program. The position is based in Washington, D.C.
The Africa regional program team seeks an individual with strong research, writing, communication, and organizational skills who has a demonstrated interest in sub-Saharan Africa and in democracy work in the region to serve as an Intern for Spring 2022. Energetic, creative, and flexible team players who take initiatives, prioritize several competing tasks, and work independently are encouraged to apply. The paid internship is open to current graduate or undergraduate students.
- Conduct research to track political developments throughout Africa.
- Assist in drafting invitation letters, organizing event logistics, note taking, meeting agendas and newsletters.
- Take notes during meetings and draft minutes.
- Attend lectures and roundtable discussions on African policy issues; and,
- Work with other members of the Africa team as requested.
- Candidate must be a registered student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate-level program.
- Qualified candidates should have excellent writing skills, strong analytical skills, maintain a strong work ethic and have sharp attention to detail.
- Students must also have strong computer skills.
Time Commitment: 20-24 hrs./week (not to exceed 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship.
NED Application Deadline: n/a; All internships are posted until filled.
Anticipated Start Date: o/a Jan 19, 2022
Orientation Dates: o/a Jan 19th – 23rd, 2022
Anticipated End Date: o/a May 19, 2022
Authorization: Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
How to Apply:
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references, one of which should be a supervisor. Please, no phone calls.
For more information, please visit our website at www.ned.org or email@example.com. The NED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.