REMOTE OPTION AVAILABLE
Summer Associate Graduate Intern (ISD – Productivity & Collaboration Services – Project Manager)
YOUR LIFE’S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we’re looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members’ and their families’ lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
• FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
• Forbes® America’s Best Employers
About Navy Federal:
Selected as one of FORTUNE magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021. Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU) is the world’s largest credit union with over 10.8 million members, over $149 billion in assets, over 347 branches around the world and a workforce of over 22,800. Navy Federal’s field of membership is all active duty and retired Department of Defense personnel (Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force and Reservists), Veterans, Department of Defense contractors, and their family members. Navy Federal Headquarters is located in Vienna, VA. There are also campuses in Pensacola, FL and Winchester, VA.
For more information, view the links on the “About Us” page:
The Summer Associate Graduate Intern Program is a 10+ week program beginning in June 2022 and ends in August 2022. The long-term intention for this program is to hire interns that prove their aptitude into full time roles. To qualify for an internship, applicants must be currently pursuing a graduate or PHD level degree from an accredited college or university and have an anticipated graduation date after the final day of the internship (December 2022 or later).
Department: Information Services – Corporate Systems
Job Description Overview
The Employee Productivity & Collaboration Services group supports Navy Federal’s enterprise goals of member centric, employee powered, and scalable and flexible by providing the data, the related training, and the scalable, flexible operational platforms that support understanding and serving our members. The team’s vision is to enable a centralized environment where day-to-day activities and related files are organized in an intuitive manner with powerful search capabilities for all of Navy Federal’s team members. Ensure the organization has the latest industry-leading tools available for team members to quickly access information and data and instantly collaborate on it.
We provide tools for teams to collaborate and share documents, timelines, status reports, and other relevant communications in a secure and efficient way. Realize greater work efficiency by providing access to important business systems, people information, company forms, news, benefits, calendars, and other relevant information from any internet-connected Navy Federal computer or device.
• The Project Manager for the Employee Productivity & Collaboration Services group will develop organizational change strategy
to drive adoption and integration of Microsoft 365 and other cloud-based tools enterprise wide.
• Ensures effective management of projects from inception through implementation
• Defines, develops and executes project plans, including scope definition, expectations, activities, cost estimates, and schedules
• Works with the business group to determine and understand business requirements
• Manages projects from concept through the planning, analysis, design, testing, implementation, and transition phases
• Develops clear and concise “big picture” of projects within Navy Federal organizational goals
• Identifies and minimizes project risks or constraints that would impact project deliverables
• Identifies, communicates, and resolves branch/division/department areas of concern, or cross-organizational that may impede or
impact other projects/initiatives
• Maintains/archives project documentation
• Ensures project deliverables are met in accordance with customers’ expectations
• Sets, manages, and communicates client expectations for the project
• Identifies, escalates and/or resolves issues associated with project(s) ensuring deliverables conform to established quality and
• Monitors and controls risks to ensure timelines are met and project goals are attained
• Facilitates project team and client meetings for the resolution of project issues
• Provides project status reports to management
Proactive self-starter; effective in both team settings and as an individual contributor, organizational change management, cultural change and strategy, technology integration to business process, cloud-based technical acumen, executive presence and effectively skilled in negotiation and persuasion, and effective verbal and written communicator.
Cover Letter (Optional)
As a COVID-19 safety measure, our employees must either provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or follow additional safety protocols, including testing.
Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position may require working from home temporarily with plans to return to campus at the location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determined at a future date by individual leadership.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.