Excited about strategic problem solving? Interested in consulting for Fortune 500 clients? Consider applying to be a Winter Project Manager at the New England Consulting Group!
As a Wintern you will participate in a short-term (2-4 week), individualized project giving you valuable work experience during your winter break. Winterns can participate in person at our Westport, CT headquarters (full-time, paid) or remotely (part-time, unpaid).
- Current Yale Junior or Sophomore
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5+ preferred
- All majors are encouraged to apply
- Employ qualitative and quantitative thinking with respect to gathering evidence, developing and testing hypotheses and communicating executable solutions/recommendations for client projects.
- Aid new business development efforts by facilitating contact with new leads/potential clients.
- Project Managers report directly to the Managing Partners, each of whom has 25+ years of business experience.
- Analysis – Ability to analyze business situations, both qualitatively and quantitatively, to arrive at substantiated findings and conclusions.
- Management – Ability to manage resources to achieve multiple objectives against workplans.
- Communication – Ability to communicate complex thoughts effectively through verbal presentation, precise writing, document structuring, and graphical design.
- Thinking – Ability to think conceptually and creatively in the solution of business problems.
- Research – Ability to efficiently gather information, establish facts, garner evidence and otherwise find important sources of insight.
- Initiative – Independently anticipate and address assignment needs.
- Team Spirit – Actively support team members.
- Enthusiasm – Possess intense interest in management/marketing strategy and the understanding/learning of fellow consultants.
- Interpersonal Traits – Work well with others, motivating both consultants and support personnel.
- Productivity – Efficiently manage multiple tasks for concurrent engagements.
- Intellectual horsepower required.
About The New England Consulting Group
We offer you the opportunity to build great ideas for some of the world’s greatest brands.
Founded in 1981, The New England Consulting Group pioneered the concept of experience-based consulting and brought a new model of the “Principal Principle” to the management consulting industry. Our objective is to produce the highest quality marketing and business management consulting product. Our secondary objective is to create an environment conducive to learning, growth and achievement. Our first responsibility is to our clients. We put our clients’ businesses and careers ahead of our own and provide superior quality counsel that positively impacts our clients’ businesses and careers. Our second responsibility is to our people. We employ only superior people, expect them to learn and grow on the job and compensate them solely on merit. Titles and hierarchy are minimal and promotion is from within the individual, and all individuals are encouraged to promote themselves by accepting as much responsibility as he or she is able to handle. Our model provides entry-level colleagues the unique opportunity to immediately work directly with Managing Partners and Principals who have extensive experience at the C-Suite level across a broad range of industries.
COVID-19: Due to the ongoing pandemic, this internship may be completed remotely or in person. COVID-19 vaccination is required to be in person.
To apply, please submit a resumé and cover letter to this posting. Alternatively, you can submit your resume and cover letter by email to Personnel@necg.net.