At NYPA, IT is providing digital capabilities and driving innovation throughout the organization to achieve its VISION2030 Strategy and goals. The right individual will share our passion of digital technology, transformation, and enjoy working in a dynamic and agile environment based on high collaboration culture.NYPA is looking for a technologist to help advance our Analytics platform and capability into the future. The Data Engineer will work with the Data Services team to design, develop and manage big data centric solutions that meet the strategic business and technology direction of the organization.
• Design and develop Big data solutions using AWS, Spark and Data Bricks that are flexible, extensible, elastic, secure and reliable at large scale
• Work with Lead Data Engineer to provide guidance and direction to project teams ensuring compliance with coding standards and best practices
• Collaborate with Data Governance team to capture and manage meta data, and implement data quality rules
• Building and managing data pipelines, and promoting to production
• Continuously learn and be at the leading edge of Data Integration, Cloud, Containerization and other industry trends
• Work with stakeholders including product, data and business teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
• Follow Cyber security guidelines and polices to monitor the company’s data security and privacy