This Job Opportunity:
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your skills and experience with a purpose-driven impact lens to drive meaningful change in the world? Come help develop innovation strategies as a founding member of our growing NewImpact Innovation Strategy Consulting team. Join Coinstar and NewImpact founder, Jens Molbak, to engage leading business and government innovators, philanthropists, policy experts, and social entrepreneurs to develop and scale new solutions to pressing problems. This position demands an unusual breadth and depth of skills and we are excited to find you and have you join us.
Our goal is to create a highly talented three-person tri-sector innovation team this winter/spring that develops and applies new tri-sector tools for transformative Catalyst Projects. This position will report to the Director and be supported by an Analyst. We are currently hiring for the three roles. We encourage you to review the job postings and apply for the role that best suits your background and experience. We are also interested in hiring an existing three-person team who has already worked together. If you know other people whom you work with well, please share this description with them, and consider applying as a team by highlighting other teammates in your cover letter.
NewImpact seeks to drive societal progress at scale faster. We ignite and
forge tri-sector innovation to unleash massive global resources for economic, social, and environmental progress. We are business model innovators who are passionate about upgrading capitalism and benefitting society.
Every day millions of people are left behind and solutions are overlooked because our problem solving methods are slow, siloed, and unsustainable. We waste billions of dollars and miss opportunities to transform our society and advance environmental well-being. We can do better. We need new solutions that generate lasting impact. We need to realign and repurpose the resources we already have to solve problems. It’s time to create solutions that compound and radiate impact, making companies stronger, non-profits more effective, and governments more efficient.
Who We Are:
We are a humanity-benefit non-profit, connecting and empowering people in every organization in the world to reimagine how we find opportunities and solve problems. We uncover and connect vital resources and insights often overlooked or underutilized. This approach enables faster and better innovation. Our open tri-sector data tools and innovation processes reveal unseen opportunities for change, allowing communities, companies, non-profits, and governments to align interests and leverage knowledge and resources to bring new solutions to life. NewImpact is the catalyst that unlocks stronger solutions that drive self-sustaining impact.
As the Lead Consultant you will manage Catalyst Projects for companies, nonprofits, and government entities and be a key contributor to our consulting effort. You’ll regularly use your strategic and analytical acumen, insightful human-centered design understanding, and facility for bringing together people and insights to generate ideas. You will drive tri-sector innovation, applying our NewImpact tools and culture of experimentation to all challenges. As a smart, provocative thinker with a human approach to business, you are excited to learn, apply, and contribute to an emerging mindset and toolset for innovation.
The main responsibilities of the Lead Consultant will be to:
● Manage and execute day-to-day work of the Consulting team
● Develop compelling solutions for our Catalyst Projects
● Identify, assess, and solve complex business problems for companies, non-profits and government agencies.
● Support the Director during client-facing meetings and teach tri-sector innovation process to clients for internal activation
● Present research insights
● Learn, apply, contribute to, and champion our tri-sector model and tools for innovation with impact
Candidates That Will Thrive At NewImpact Are:
● Highly motivated to make positive change happen in the world
● Curious, energetic, and flexible, with a keen eye for innovation opportunities
● Creative and entrepreneurial business minded, ideally regular users of innovative and systems thinking approaches
● ‘Client ready’, or able to quickly build relationships and establish credibility with stakeholders in a wide variety of settings
● Comfortable utilizing a broad set of consulting skills, including data analysis, financial analysis, and clear communication
● Invigorated by delivering new client solutions
● Enthusiastic to mentor junior team members
● 5+ years of work experience in strategic consulting, or equivalent experience
● Graduate degree, MBA strongly preferred.
● Experience working across sectors and industries
● Willing to travel up to 25% post COVID
● Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive salary and benefits. The salary will reflect candidate experience, with a potential range of 110k-135k.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. We recommend that candidates apply as soon as possible, as we hope to begin interviews in March. We are aiming for an April start date.
Based in Seattle WA – Seattle/Pacific Time Zone candidates preferred with exceptions for exceptional candidates
More information is available at www.newimpact.care