This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Start Date: ASAP and/or on a rolling basis
Organization: The Nonprofit Learning Lab is a national organization that connects, supports and develops individuals working in the nonprofit sector.
Location: Our physical office is located in Denver. Interns must be based in Denver County or nearby. The internship is currently a telecommute position. We request that interns live in one of the following counties so they can attend our monthly in-person staff meetings: Adams, Arapahoe, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, and Jefferson. Considerations could me made for those living in Colorado but not in those counties.
Hours: 15-25 hours per week (flexible to class schedule).
Compensation: $17 an hour and laptop provided during internship. For interns that work 25 hours or more per week, internet service is provided and paid for in your own home.
Training and supervision: All interns are directly supervised by program staff. Interns will gain experience in a variety of tasks within the organization. Tasks will mostly be focused on technology support, customer support and marketing.
- In collaboration with our staff, provide logistical and administrative support to prepare for our virtual events, online
- meetings and webinars and learn how to assist with online event production
- Assist with data entry, community outreach, and marketing projects related to upcoming events
- Provide logistical, tech support and administrative support as needed for our online events
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to work well in a collaborative group
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Customer service experience
- Detail oriented and organized
- Experience using Zoom, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite and Google Suite
- We are looking for interns that are quick learners and feel comfortable with technology
- Calm and relaxed with volunteers, customers, donor, sponsors and community leaders
Preferred Qualifications: Experience planning a program or event on campus or in a volunteer organization; or the desire to learn.
Additional Information: Interns will get the opportunity to work on projects in collaboration with program staff and director. This is a great opportunity for interns looking to build a career in the nonprofit sector or getting experience working in a professional office setting. With successful completion of your internship, we can provide you with a professional reference and letter of recommendation, upon request. We will ensure that you will have developed a portfolio of skills which can translate to a career in the nonprofit sector.