This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Utility Services, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work. As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives .
NV5 is seeking a GEOTECHNICAL AND CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS PROJECT ENGINEER for our RALEIGH, NC location. Responsibilities include managing geotechnical engineering and construction materials testing projects. Services to our clients for this position will include:
- Discussion of the scope of work with the client, preparation of proposals, coordination of field and laboratory services.
- Performance of soil test borings and construction testing services.
- Peformance of geotechnical engineering analyses, preparation of geotechnical engineering reports, and management of construction materials testing projects.
PREREQUISITES FOR EMPLOYMENT INCLUDE:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- El or PE registration
- 2 to 4 years’ relevant experience preferred, but not required.
- Working knowledge of computer software, including word processing and industry-specific geotechnical software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. When properly requested and when feasible (without undue hardship to the organization), reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- This position will be subject to outside environmental conditions, including weather conditions such as wet and /or humid environments, extreme cold and/or heat, dusty and noisy work environments.
- Work will primarily be in the field involving long-term standing and frequent walking as well as include common hazards at construction and project sites.
- Must be able to carry, lift and push/pull up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to walk over rough and uneven terrain and be able to stand up to 10-12 hours a day on occasion.
- Must have the ability to see, smell, hear, talk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel and twist, crouch, crawl, reach, grasp, sit, stand, and walk.
- Weekend and overtime work and/or overnight work and travel may be required.
- Additional physical duties may be required, as necessary.
NV5 OFFERS A COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDING MEDICAL, DENTAL, LIFE INSURANCE, PTO, 401(K) AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT/ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES. /#NV5EARLYCAREERS
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.