This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
NV5 is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives .
The Project Coordinator is responsible for daily project coordination, which includes implementing controls standards and processes, as well as developing, maintaining and modifying project schedules. They work with staff in multiple states to support the Power Delivery group. The Project Coordinator generates schedule reports, and works closely with Project Managers and other team members to assure seamless delivery of customer service. This position requires good written and interpersonal communication skills, excellent judgement, and the ability to work both independently and as part of various project teams. Experience in public utility or consulting engineering environments is desired.
File receivables, deliverables, decisions, correspondence, issues/resolutions, and miscellaneous documents according to NV5 Power Delivery group standards and procedures
Facilitate project initiation in NV5 systems such as cloud-based PDMS, Vision
Create meeting agendas and record meeting minutes as needed
Manage document templates
Learn and apply new software tools or systems as needed
Maintain hard copy and electronic files, as needed
Maintain Primavera P6 EPS
Maintain P6 role and resource dictionaries
Maintain resource, project, and activity codes, as well as user-defined fields and calculations
Develop and maintain P6 templates for projects, WBS blocks, activity steps, and similar items
Provide program management team a three-week look-ahead staffing forecast on a weekly basis
Prepare monthly P6 summary reports for project and program management EDUCATION
High School diploma or equivalent
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Positive attitude, ability to work collaboratively
- Proficiency in MS Office and other relevant software
- 0-2 years of experience in project control or related roles
- 1-5 years of experience in a scheduling or office-support function, especially in public utility or consulting engineering environments
- Good written and verbal communication skills, highly organized and detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to work with leadership
- Evaluation is based, in part on the timely, accurate completion of work
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- PMP Certification for Substation specialists
- PE License for Distribution or SPACE specialists
- Working knowledge of client and industry design and construction standards desired
- Experience in public utility design and construction, natural gas pipelines, water/sewer infrastructure, or electric distribution overhead and underground infrastructure
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Experience scheduling a project, including use of project-management software including Primavera P6 and MS Project
- Experience with dash boarding and cloud-based project management tools, including PowerBI, SmartSheet, Procore
- Experience participating in client meetings
- Demonstrated experience monitoring and reporting project schedule, scope, and budget
- Ability to develop and implement process improvements
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.