· Under administrative direction, with broad latitude of independent action or decision, be responsible for the configuration, implementation, monitoring and
support of the NYC Parks network, which includes agency servers, cloud services, routers, switches, telephony, storage arrays, and virtualization components.
· Plan, initiate, implement, and document new infrastructure or changes.
· Serve as a subject matter expert on topics relating to Windows Server management, Azure cloud services, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD), routers, switches, telephony, servers, storage, and virtualization. Provide training when necessary.
· Lead projects and initiatives and make significant contribution to the technical design and implementation of the agency’s cloud platforms.
· Deploy and design cloud computing services such as IaaS, SaaS and PaaS.
· Define, plan, and maintain standards and guidelines for optimal infrastructure efficiency, performance, and disaster recovery.
· Develop technical roadmap for private and public cloud implementation.
· Assist in the validation of technical business cases for cloud-based solutions.
· Develop a Subject Matter Expertise-level of skills and knowledgebase in cloud build, deploy and support.
· Ensure security is integrated into all cloud architecture solutions.
· Document architected solutions, functional and design specifications, presentations, and other documents as needed.
· Assist with planning, research, and development of new infrastructure related technologies.
· Work closely with other teams to help troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure related issues.
· Occasionally liase with vendors and/or other stakeholders, as necessary.
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering or a related field and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to datacenter engineering and operations, cloud engineering and operations, complex IT infrastructure engineering; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to datacenter engineering and operations, cloud engineering and operations, complex IT infrastructure engineering; or,
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” or “2” above.
This position is exempt from NYC residency requirements.
1. 3-5 years’ provisioning, deploying, and operating large scale cloud services (Azure, AWS, Google, etc.).
2. 3-5 years’ experience and knowledge of working in and implementing Windows Server Administration.
3. Strong knowledge of working in and implementing Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and/or Windows Virtual Desktop.
4. Critical thinking and problem solving in concert with the utilization of industry standard best practices for hybrid cloud service deployment.
5. Solid knowledge of Azure platform and supporting services, including but not limited to: Azure Active Directory, Azure B2C, Azure, Logic app, Express Route, Service Bus, Functions, OMS, automation accounts, NSGs.
6. Good working knowledge of Cisco and Juniper switches and routers.
7. Good working knowledge of Cisco Voice over IP administration and implementation.
8. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
9. Excellent customer service, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
10. Azure, AWS, GCP certifications, a plus.
11. Ability to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
How to Apply
Go to nyc.gov/careers/search and search for Job ID# 461389.