The NYU Furman Center invites applications for a Peer Cities Manager to join the Housing Solutions Lab (Lab). Launched in June 2021, the Lab works with cities to design, plan, and evaluate evidence-based local housing policies that advance racial equity; increase access to opportunity; and improve long-term health and well-being for residents. The Lab serves cities of all sizes, with a focus on small and midsize cities (those with populations of 50,000-500,000).
The Manager will play a key role in the Lab’s work to foster shared learning and policy innovation among city leaders, through peer city networks and training programs.
- Plan, organize and manage all activities for the Lab’s peer city networks of local housing policy leaders
- Lead the planning of monthly meetings, workgroups and special sessions, including coordination of meeting agendas, preparation of policy content and materials, and communications with members
- Ensure completion of tasks between meetings and timely follow up with network members
- Manage all elements of a virtual learning institute including relationship management with partner organizations, execution of training activities, and participant engagement
- Collaborate with Lab technical assistance staff to respond to city requests
- Contribute to the development of Lab policy products to disseminate best practices and key learnings
- Collaborate with consultants and Lab staff to maintain online policy resources
- Assist with grant reporting and communications with funders
- Supervision of graduate student research assistants
*ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST BE SENT TO THE EMAIL BELOW!
To Apply: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and list of 3 references. Send application materials and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Lab Peer Cities Manager” in the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.