Position Description: The NYU Furman Center seeks a Research Director to lead the research activities for a new initiative launched in June 2021, the Housing Solutions Lab. The Housing Solutions Lab (Lab) works with cities across the country to plan, implement, monitor, and evaluate promising local housing policies. With a focus on small and midsize cities (those with populations of roughly 50,000-500,000), the Lab will help cities to design housing strategies and conduct rigorous evaluations that identify the most effective policies and programs.
The Research Director will help build and lead the Housing Solutions Lab’s research agenda and ensure the rigor, integrity, and quality of all research activities. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned and entrepreneurial researcher with expertise in housing and homelessness policy and programs. This role requires expertise in quantitative research design and methodologies and may also include opportunities for mixed-methods and qualitative research.
- Collaborates with faculty and leadership to build a portfolio of research and evaluation projects for the Housing Solutions Lab
- Leads the identification and design of research projects in small and midsize cities
- Engages with city stakeholders on research and evaluation design/implementation
- Oversees the development of research and data agreements with cities
- Manages all research activities including project design, data collection, analysis, and dissemination of research findings
- Leads the dissemination of research findings through publications, policy briefs, and presentations
- Collaborates with Lab leadership to hire, train and supervise research staff, fellows, and graduate students
- Maintains effective communication and coordination with leadership staff and faculty
- Contributes to the Lab’s leadership team