This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Marketing Intern for Community Theatre Organization – Fall 2021
Oak Park Festival Theatre is seeking interns for its marketing programs year-round, starting Fall 2021. This is a paid internship for 3 months, with the option to renew if mutually agreed.
About Oak Park Festival Theatre
Do you love theatre and performing arts? Would you like to learn more about how it is to work in the business side of theatre, to be involved in the operations and promotion of one of the most loved and popular theatre companies in Chicago’s western suburbs?
Oak Park Festival Theatre and its Shakespeare in the Park has been THE summer event for arts lovers for over 40 years, and we are looking for keen strategists to help us with our marketing. Most people don’t know that we have year-round programming and special events, and we need your help in creating awareness and audience building. We want everyone to know that we’re more than just Shakespeare, and that our mission and vision includes enrichment for all communities.
About the Role
We are searching for an entrepreneurially minded intern to help us grow our reach – we want all of Chicagoland and particularly the western city and suburbs to know they have some of the best talent (on-stage and offstage) right here in Oak Park!
For this position, we are looking for someone to help create and direct graphic design, copywriting, photography, strategic thinking and all things social media.
We are paying a stipend of $350 for the position.
Select Job Responsibilities
- Participate in Marketing Strategy Development
- How can we grow our audience size, reach, and engagement?
- How can we best use digital and traditional marketing to accomplish our goals?
- Content and Graphic Development
- Drive the content calendar creation process
- Copywriting for social media posts and other materials, including website copy
- Create graphics and videos
- Schedule social posts on software such as HootSuite or Planoly
- Create Instagram stories and/or Reels 2-3x/week
- Tiktok is also desired
- Internal Communications
- Coordinate with other teams and board committees
- Provide monthly reports of metrics and outcomes
- Community Engagement
- Community outreach to help us recruit new audience members in Austin, Oak Park, Berwyn, Melrose Park, Forest Park, River Forest, Maywood, Cicero and other western suburbs
- Build lists and engagement with local “influencers” and key media
- You have a passion for the arts, and a love of theatre (Shakespeare fan a plus!)
- Independent, self starter
- Data-driven: you are not afraid of numbers, and you set goals for yourself to improve
- High integrity person, dependable for deadlines, and good communicator
- Creative, fairly experienced in creating simple graphics or at least concepting them for handoff/art direction
- Great writing skills, including grammar and spelling
- Community-minded, community builder: what do you do now to build your own community, or create connections in organizations you are part of? How do you nurture these relationships?
- Anticipated term is Fall semester (approximately September 13 – December 10), with some flexibility available
- Anticipate working 8-10 hours per week
- Comfortable with hybrid work-home environment
- A passion for and prior knowledge of social platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and TikTok
- Familiar with a social scheduling platforms such as Meet Edgar or Hootsuite
- Must be earning a degree in Marketing or Communications, or Arts Administration
- Familiarity with graphic design programs such as Photoshop and Canva
- Must live in Chicago area
- BYOC: provide your own computer and software
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume. Please include links to any social programs you manage and portfolio of your work. School assignments are acceptable (please denote what was a group assignment and explain your role).