The New York City Comptroller’s Office is seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented, and results-driven IT and Information Security Auditors to join the Audit Bureau’s IT Division, and work on a wide variety of audits of New York City government IT systems, projects, and contracts. The Audit Bureau’s IT Division plans and executes a wide variety of information technology and cybersecurity audits of New York City government IT systems, projects, and contracts, in accordance with the New York City Charter and generally accepted government auditing standards. These audits assess the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of critical information and information systems, cost-effectiveness, functionality, and security of City agencies’ networks, infrastructure design, systems-implementation, and cloud-based services and recommend improvements as needed.
Under the direction of the Supervisor of IT and Security Audits, the responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
– Performing research and analysis of agencies’ IT systems, cybersecurity posture, capital IT programs, IT contract compliance, and security programs, including personnel structure, architecture, policies and procedures, incident handling, awareness training, disaster recovery and business continuity;
– Conducting IT and cyber security audits and investigations of complex information technology including evaluating whether security vulnerabilities are properly identified and mitigated, telecommunications and other technical services contracts, their procurement, management, and oversight;
– Preparing and examining technical assessment findings and providing general assistance to the audit staff; assisting in the development of IT and cybersecurity audit plans and programs;
– Conducting fieldwork to gather and/or verify information and ensuring all procedures and testing necessary to meet audit objectives take place; conducting tests of internal controls for audits and investigations of IT, cybersecurity, telecommunications, and other technical services related projects;
– Performing audit procedures and tests necessary to meet audit objectives in compliance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards including Information Technology and Security standards; preparing audit work papers, memos, letters and drafting audit report findings and recommendations;
– Assisting in the development, updating, revising, and improving of IT and Security audit procedures and programs and assisting in creating highly technical audit programs; acting as the IT Audit Division’s representative in the field and as liaison between the Comptroller’s Office and the agency/entity being audited; and,
– Performing other related work or special studies as may be required.
The NYC Comptroller’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer