This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
The OneVoice Movement seeks a Development Intern to provide support for the New York office’s development team. This will include helping planning and strategizing on ways to reach fundraising goals and contributing to in-depth research on partners, donors and tracking metrics. This internship offers opportunities to gain experience in grassroots work and program development within a professional non-profit environment, while increasing one’s knowledge of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
You should possess excellent verbal communication skills, be organized and detailed-oriented, flexible, a team player, and one who takes initiative and pride in their work. You should also be interested in fundraising and engaging different target audiences, nationwide.
Although the OneVoice Movement boasts a fast-paced work environment, it also values personal development and enthusiasm for learning. This internship will begin on January 3 2022 and will run until April 1 2022, with possible renewal for the summer semester. The candidate will be able to commit 20-25 hours per week. The internship will take place remotely.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in all facets of development projects, primarily including researching prospective funders/foundations and developing briefing documents for OneVoice staff;
- Provide critical support of grant writing activities through researching potential foundations and corporate grant making institutions, and assist in the drafting of grant narratives;
- Help to coordinate and execute fundraising events;
- Maintain donor database and records;
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Development and Operations Assistant
- Bachelor’s degree or highly qualified undergraduate working toward their B.A.;
- Exceptional communication skills, including writing and research;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multitask and meet deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail, self-motivation, reliability, and flexibility;
- Proficiency with databases and tools like Microsoft Office (specifically PowerPoint and Excel), Google Suite, and Salesforce are a major plus;
- Interest and knowledge of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and regional political discourse;
- Social media experience, preferred;
- A great sense of humor and enthusiasm for learning.
Compensation: This is a paid part-time, non-exempt internship. The rate of pay is $15.00 per hour. Successful interns will gain highly marketable skills, a letter of recommendation, and access to our network of grassroots leaders around the world. If applicable, we can work with students to help them obtain school credit for their internships.
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com, with “Development Internship” written in the subject line.
At OneVoice Movement, we are committed to an inclusive workplace where diversity in all its forms is championed. OneVoice Movement is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we are an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require special accommodation, please let us know.