This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
INTERNSHIPS AT OPPFI
At OppFi, interns make a real-world impact, handling projects that require higher-level thinking, collaboration, and leadership. Interns operate as full-time team members and have been responsible for creating systems, tools, and practices that tangibly improve our bottom line and are still used today. As a participant in our internship program, you’ll be part of a cohort of interns across 13+ departments. In addition to the work you’ll do within your department, you’ll get to know your fellow interns through a variety of collaborative projects and virtual social events.
We provide interns with career development opportunities including regular lunch and learns with leadership team members and a buddy program that pairs each intern with a tenured employee who serves as a friend and mentor. Our full-time employee base boasts a robust population of 20+ former interns, and whenever possible, we aim to extend full-time offers to interns who perform at a high level and achieve their summer goals.
This is a 10-week paid summer internship that will be remote flexible.
Operational Risk serves as OppFi’s first line of defense for preventing customer harm. The team is responsible for pinpointing any gaps within operational controls and remediating issues that arise through account adjustments and customer communications.
- Resolving Compliance and business issues by establishing preventative measures, performing root cause analysis, and sizing the affected population.
- Partner with relevant departments to design a prospective solution (manual or automated).
- Remediating customers affected by compliance and/or risk issues.
- Graduating in June 2023 or December 2022.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Risk, Finance, Economics, or equivalent work/internship experience.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills and interpret data.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Exposure to SQL.