It’s called an internship. But that doesn’t quite do it justice. Our software engineering interns build and release software just like our full-time engineers. After a two-week training program covering the fundamentals of our trading systems and engineering principles, you’ll join a team of senior engineers tasked with finding elegant solutions to complex problems. You won’t just have a chance to contribute, you’ll be expected to. After all, the best way to learn is to do.
Technology at Optiver:
As an engineer, you are a maker at heart. And at Optiver you will have the opportunity to take ownership of complex problems and craft solutions—to make stuff—from day one. Every day will bring fresh challenges that demand even fresher thinking. And the proprietary trading systems you build will directly impact financial markets that—either directly or indirectly—touch the lives of millions of people.
What you’ll need:
- Working towards a BS or MS in Computer Science, or related technical field
- Have an expected graduation date between December 2021 and June 2022
- Knowledge of algorithms, data structures, concurrency, and systems programming concepts
- Experience coding in C++, C#, C, or Java
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with developers, traders, and business operations on a daily basis
- Excitement to learn options trading and apply this knowledge toward well-crafted solutions
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker specializing in pricing, execution and risk management. Working together, our traders and software engineers design proprietary systems and execute strategies to provide liquidity and increase market efficiencies.
Put simply, we improve the markets. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being. It requires intelligence, obviously. But in this industry, that’s table stakes. We’re seeking traders, software engineers and interns who up the ante with nerve, with guts and, most importantly, with heart. We’re looking for the bold. Does that describe you? Then opt in.
*We accept one application per role per year. If you have previously applied to the Software Engineer Intern position during this season and have been unsuccessful, you can reapply once the next recruitment season begins in 2021.