Optiver’s technical analysts work across the business to maintain a healthy balance between risk and reward on our trading teams. They balancing a safe, orderly production environment made for profitability and sustainable growth.
Our technical analysts own projects from inception to final results; they’re responsible for driving key business initiatives and day-to-day technical operations while acting as a hub for centralized coordination. Operational excellence and continuous improvement drive our business and these wide-ranging initiatives. If you’re looking to put your technical skills and business savviness to the test, opt in.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify opportunities to automate and mechanize to improve existing systems, infrastructure and procedures
- Gather and analyze performance data with an effort to streamline
- Manage multiple operational tasks to facilitate trading, including various administration tasks and operational monitoring duties
- Work in tandem with Trading, Development, and Operations teams to drive critical cross-team projects from initial strategy discussions through completion
- Drive risk-based initiatives across the firm to understand and mitigate automated risks, trade reconciliation risks, and operational risks
- Create documentation to ensure processes and tasks are consistent and repeatable
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working autonomously and collaborative in a technical environment
- A high aptitude for understanding how technical applications interact with one another
- The ability to multitask using communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve technical and operational deficiencies
- Attention to detail, diligence, and a high personal bar for performance expectations
- Knowledge of financial exchanges and financial instruments is a plus
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading global trading firm. We provide the most up-to-date and competitive prices to anyone wanting to buy or sell financial instruments. Achieving this requires excellence in everything we do. We constantly look for opportunities to advance and improve our pricing, trade execution, and risk management. This rigorous approach helps us realize our mission each and every day: improve the markets.
We’re seeking people who up the ante with nerve, with guts and, most importantly, with heart. We’re looking for the bold. Does that describe you? Then opt in.
Given the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, Optiver US is managing its business remotely. Please note this opportunity will not be remote long-term and employees will be expected to work in the office once it is safe to do so