Are you a STEM student looking to leverage your strong problem-solving and analytical skills to establish a technical career? Optiver’s IT Operations Apprenticeship transforms high-aptitude candidates into high-producing engineers on one of our IT Operations teams. No technical experience is required as we provide you with the training and tools to become a successful engineer. The Apprenticeship is a great way to start a technical career in the fast-paced and competitive trading industry.
Technology at Optiver:
Our engineers work closely with traders to identify the business problems we face and determine how they should be solved. We apply a disciplined and scientific approach. We engineer simple, well-architected solutions that meet the dynamic needs of our traders. Our passion is to solve problems which really matter to the business, and we take pride in the quality of our solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Attend professional training to become Red Hat Linux (RHCSA) certified
- Work with mentors to learn technical skills, operational thinking, and engineering design
- Gain a deep understanding of our trading systems and what it takes to reliably run critical trading infrastructure
- Work at a technology-driven company where you can make an immediate impact
- Start your career in IT Operations
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree, STEM preferred
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Strong work ethic and passion for operational excellence
- Collaborate with other operations, development, and trading teams to solve business challenges
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker specializing in pricing, execution and risk management. Working together, our traders and software engineers design proprietary systems and execute strategies to provide liquidity and increase market efficiencies.
Put simply, we improve the markets. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being. It requires intelligence, obviously. But in this industry, that’s table stakes. We’re seeking traders, software engineers and interns who up the ante with nerve, with guts and, most importantly, with heart. We’re looking for the bold. Does that describe you? Then opt in.