This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
The Patriotic Millionaires is seeking a full-time Social Media Junior Associate beginning January 3, 2021, to work remotely for a term ending May 31, 2022. Our full-time office is located in DC, but due to COVID-19 our office is currently 100% remote and expects to be into the fall. Junior Associates are paid $20 per hour.
Junior Associates must be college students, rising juniors and seniors preferred. Those with experience with campaigns, communications, and/or digital marketing/social media are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Patriotic Millionaires is a group of Americans with annual incomes over $1 million who believe that the country’s current level of economic inequality is both dangerous and immoral. The Patriotic Millionaires focus on a set of issues that best illustrate the disparity between legislation that serves the best interest of the majority of citizens and that which enriches the few. Members expressly support legislation that directly yields: a fairer tax system that includes greater tax obligations for millionaires and major corporations, higher incomes for wage earners, and less political influence for those whose sole credential is the ability to pay for it. We invite you to visit our media highlight reel and our website.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We’re first and foremost a communications advocacy group, so the more people talking about and engaging with our work and the work of our allies, the better. Social media is one of the primary distribution channels to enable that.
As the Social Media Junior Associate you will assist with our social media strategy and carry out its implementation, help create compelling content, and help grow and deepen engagement with our social media audience using a creative but still metrics-driven approach. You’ll also need to be a resource for our allies and coalition partners.
- Directly assist the Digital Director in managing our social media channels, you will curate content, conduct research, and craft captions and tweets.
- Write compelling and creative social media content.
- Conceptualize and work with the Creative Director to produce engaging graphics and multimedia content (memes/gifs/photo stories/short, minimally edited videos/etc.) to amplify our work — ideally in a way that piggybacks on current events, pop culture, and relevant social media conversations.
- Assist in the collection of our metrics with an eye toward increasing engagement and growing our audience.
- Engage in social listening to identify strategic opportunities to engage with emerging online conversations.
- Stay on top of new digital tactics, trends, and tools.
- Work at the direction of senior staff to engage with members for quotes, ghostwriting opportunities, and media opportunities.
- Drafting email copy for multiple listservs.
- Manage and provide support for other projects as needed.
- Provide general office support.
- Exceptional writing skills
- Effective communication abilities on the phone and on Zoom.
- Initiative to self-start projects and to handle heavy workflow both independently and collaboratively
- Exceptional computer skills and technical expertise (Excel, Power Point, social networking tools)
- Proven ability to multitask and meet deadlines under time constraints
- General knowledge of and enthusiasm for politics and public policy
- Familiarity with social media metrics and various tracking tools
- An interest in expanding digital platform knowledge
Preferred but not required
- Knowledge of social media tools; Tweetdeck, ActionSprout, Hootsuite, CrowdTangle
- Knowledge of Canva, Adobe, Photoshop
- Experience with content creation and video editing