Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The ideal candidate has a proven record of leading efforts to solve large, complex problems. They balance competing technical and product requirements, help mentor and level up the engineers around them, identify and communicate effectively with all stakeholders, and consider both immediate tactical needs and long-term strategic planning.
· Work with Product, Platform and Engineering leaders across the team to identify the most valuable areas of technical contribution, advancing key valuable initiatives, reducing risk on critical projects and advancing our technology stack.
· Drive both technology and product innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development.
· Provide technical guidance and leadership in design, development, scaling and operation of software applications.
· Be a technical subject matter expert and represent the full internal and external capabilities of our platforms to enable solutions to complex, large-scale customers.
· Mentor, coach, advise and level up engineering talent across the organization.
Skillset and requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or related field.
· Track record leading, developing, and delivering significant software projects.
· Expertise in designing and troubleshooting large scale distributed systems.
· Proficiency in managing cloud based large-scale infrastructure. Experience with building solutions on the Cloud (ideally AWS). Experience designing and building systems with Docker containers and Kubernetes.
· Experience in Domain Driven Design and modeling complex business domains.
· Demonstrable and in-depth experience with Java and/or Ruby on Rails stacks.
· Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration.
· Established experience with monitoring/logging tools and best practices.
· Experience in software release lifecycle with modern distributed version control (e.g. git).
· Experience working in an Agile environment, including Extreme Programming practices like Iterative Development, Continuous Integration (and Deployment) and Test-Driven Development.
· Great analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong communicator, both written and spoken.
· Approach problems with humility, rigor, and decisiveness.
· Demonstrate a high emotional quotient and empathy for your colleagues, creating psychological safety while tackling tough problems and navigating conflicts.
· Identify and solicit input from all stakeholders, balancing competing needs and distilling a coherent strategy.
· Lead by meeting people where they are at and building bridges to where you need them to go.
· Emphasize iterative progress, risk management, and delivering value.
· Leave the campsite cleaner and people stronger.
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.