IMPORTANT NOTICE: In order to be considered for this position, you MUST attach your resume. Additionally, we recommend that you do not attempt to apply using Safari; we suggest using Chrome.
- Complete the PJT Partners On-Line application for the “2022 Analyst – PJT Camberview (SF)” position by clicking apply on the external Careers website.
- As part of the application on the second page of your resume, please submit a 50 – 100 word response to the following question: “Please explain why you’re interested in the Analyst role and working at PJT Camberview?
- Complete the PJT Partners “Suited” Assessment. Please CLICK HERE to create an account. Suited is an A.I. powered assessment driven screening tool that uses assessments to holistically and objectively measure traits and characteristics that can be better predictors of success at PJT. Please ensure you use the same email address used for your PJT application when registering on Suited. Please complete each question through the end of the survey. A “Profile Complete” badge will appear once complete – there is no final “Submit” button.
PJT Partners is a global advisory-focused investment bank. Our team of senior professionals delivers a wide array of strategic advisory, shareholder advisory, restructuring and special situations and private fund advisory and placement services to corporations, financial sponsors, institutional investors and governments around the world. We offer a unique portfolio of advisory services designed to help our clients achieve their strategic objectives. We also provide, through PJT Park Hill, private fund advisory and fundraising services for alternative investment managers, including private equity funds, real estate funds and hedge funds. To learn more about PJT Partners, please visit our website at www.pjtpartners.com.
PJT Camberview Description:
PJT Camberview, a business group of PJT Partners LP, is a leading provider of investor-led advice to public companies on engagement and shareholder relations, activism and contested situations, sustainability, executive compensation and complex corporate governance matters. PJT Camberview helps its clients succeed by providing unique insight into investors’ perspectives on long-term value creation, interpreting the evolving governance landscape and creating effective strategies to stay ahead of investor challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities:
PJT Camberview seeks a highly motivated Analyst to join our advisory team. The Analyst will play a vital role in supporting all aspects of the firm’s core business.
Responsibilities of the Analyst include, but are not limited to, the following:
Execution of Client Engagements
- Work effectively within assigned client teams to support all aspects of client mandates
- Conduct analyses of client corporate governance practices
- Develop support materials and analyses to identify likely areas of investor concern and potential mitigants
- Assist in preparing sophisticated and effective management, board, and investor presentations across a range of corporate governance issues
- Develop strategies for engaging with and securing support of investors
- Support client team in delivering advice to senior executives and directors regarding a range of governance issues
- Keep track of developments in the investor landscape / broader market and consider impact to clients
- Support the firm’s efforts for identifying and prioritizing client acquisition opportunities
- Develop effective preparation materials for client pitches
- Work directly with Partners and Managing Directors to develop proposal materials specifically tailored for prospective clients
Building a Strong Brand
- Research, analyze and develop materials relating to institutional investors, governance and shareholder activism for use with clients and other corporate advisors
- Contribute to the firm’s intellectual leadership by supporting the development of analytical frameworks and other research materials with broad applicability
- Collaborate in building a strong culture and helping to execute on key aspects of an early-stage enterprise
We seek to hire individuals who are highly motivated and intelligent and who will operate effectively in a highly dynamic environment and collaborative culture. Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Relevant work experience within any of the following types of firms: strategic or management consulting firm; compensation consulting firm, sustainability / ESG advisory firm, asset management/brokerage firm; corporate IR/PR role; law firm (M&A and/or shareholder activism advisory work); investment bank/M&A; other corporate advisor
- Experience performing in-depth research
- Strong ability to analyse and synthesize qualitative and quantitative information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in presentations and express complex strategies in an organized and articulate manner
- Ability to comfortably interact with senior-level executives and clients
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Collaborative and team-oriented with sound judgment and strong interpersonal skills
- Confident, energetic and enthusiastic approach to the mission of PJT Camberview
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and proactive
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
To be considered for the 2022 Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate* student
- Anticipated graduation date: Fall 2021 – Spring 2022
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
- Please include Summer 2021 internship on your Resume
- Resume must be in PDF format
* Post-graduates, MBAs and experienced hires should refer to the Associate or Experienced hire opportunities listed on our career site.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.