Poetic Group LLC is an SEC Registered Investment Adviser managing discretionary funds applying an absolute return strategy to predominantly structured credit fixed income securities, with a specific focus on pre-crisis era RMBS. Our advised funds employ a private equity-style structure, allowing us to better capitalize on longer-term fundamental theses and market disruptions. Our fund’s objective is to protect principal while seeking asymmetric profit opportunities in themes including: catalyst-driven investments; deep analysis of securities’ governing agreements; bondholder activism; idiosyncratic collateral out performance opportunities; and distressed valuations during market dislocations.
We are looking for a full-time addition to our team. We are recruiting for fall 2020 or spring 2021 graduates who are ready to work full-time, both remotely and at our office in Midtown Manhattan in 2020/2021. This person will be responsible for working alongside of the portfolio management team in performing data, market and securities analysis. Though not absolute requirements, important skills include:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications especially Excel.
- Programming skills are a plus (e,g., Python, Java and/or C++/C#)
- Strong communicator both written and oral.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Work well in a group environment.
- Bachelors degree in Business or STEM related fields.
- GPA of 3.5 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Self starter and entrepreneurial mind set.
Compensation will be competitive for the role and industry, and will depend on the specific candidate