This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Polen Capital is a global investment management firm advising approximately $79+ billion in assets as of September 2021 and providing high value-added, quality growth equity investment strategies to a wide range of institutional and individual clients around the world. Since 1989, the Firm has been committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional professionals who are aligned with our goal of preserving and growing our clients’ assets to protect their present and enable their future.
Polen Capital has three autonomous investment teams that oversee a global equities universe of high-quality growth companies. The Boca Raton-based Large Company Growth team manages three large company strategies: Focus Growth, Global Growth, and International Growth. The Boston-based Small Company Growth team manages three small company strategies: U.S. Small Company Growth, U.S. Small- and Mid-Cap Company Growth, and International Small Company Growth. The London-based Emerging Markets Growth team manages a Global Emerging Markets Growth strategy.
The firm has been recognized by Pensions & Investments as one of the industry’s “Best Places to Work” in each of the past five years.
- Polen Capital is guided by three Core Values geared toward honoring our commitment to our clients and creating a positive culture and a cordial and productive professional environment: “Do the right thing,” “Do more than expected,” and “Respect the individual”
- Mastery, autonomy, and purpose are key drivers for our people and behaviors
- Polen Capital embraces a growth mindset, strives for continuous learning, communicates via radical candor, and is a Results-Only Work Environment (++https://www.gorowe.com++)
- Diversity of thought, unique perspectives and inclusivity are core beliefs at Polen Capital; we view a diverse workforce as essential in fostering a culture of empathy and open-minded collaboration
Polen Capital is seeking an Internal Communications & Culture Associate. The successful candidate will be an idea-generator and utilize a variety of channels and programming to engage employees, reinforce our purpose, and strengthen firm culture. This role is based in Boca Raton, FL.
- Drive culture-centric ideas, programming, and initiatives throughout the organization
- Appeal to and engage our global population driving connectivity and inclusion
- Continuously seek new and effective ways to drive employee engagement and maintain a best-in-class workplace with a focus on benefits, wellness, and mentorship
- Maintain a pulse on and drive inclusion for Polen’s Boca Raton, Boston, and London onsite locations as well as the firm’s remote employees
- Link programming and initiatives to Polen’s mission, vision, core values, three pillars of purpose, and common language
- Create actionable plans and programs for initiatives; measure results to ensure progress and accountability
- Oversee the firm’s philanthropy strategy include charitable and community related outreach
- Serve as internal hub of information regarding employee engagement; data should be gathered through surveys, focus groups, firmwide meetings, and 1:1 discussions
- Partner with business leaders to provide ideas and coaching to help engage employees in their strategy and priorities
- Act as a liaison and brand ambassador with existing and potential business partners
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years professional human resources and/or workplace culture experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; knowledge of Smartsheet and UKG HRIS, preferred
- Positive team player and influencer; strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Champion of organizational purpose, values, and culture; passion for philanthropy and giving back
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast paced, results-driven, team-oriented environment
- Strong project management skills with ability to work on multiple deliverables concurrently
- Full-time employee
- Location: Boca Raton, FL
- 10-15% travel expected
- US Permanent Work Authorization required
- Polen Capital is a ROWE (Results-Only Work Environment,) offers competitive health benefits and annual individual training budgets
Research shows that women and other minority groups tend to apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. We are committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ community to apply for positions even if they do not necessarily check every box outlined in the job description.