This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
POGO’s Policy Team is looking for legal interns interested in learning the ins and outs of policy and advocacy on behalf of POGO, and helping to bring good government reforms to Congress and the Executive Branch.
Opportunities for learning and growth:
- Get a first-hand look at how federal policy is shaped and developed
- Learn how to perform in depth research utilizing publicly available information
- Gain legislative research and writing experience
- Contributing research and writing to projects that may include a broad range of policy issues including: ethics reform, immigration oversight, federal revolving door, security spending, and open government
- Supporting the Policy team in advocacy efforts on Capitol Hill and with the Executive Branch
- Conducting in-depth legal research and writing on a variety of topics
- Participating in coalition meetings on behalf of POGO
- Writing public comments, support letters, and analysis for the POGO website
- Researching and analyzing federal laws, legislation, and regulations related to policy on POGO-relevant topics
- Current or recently graduated law student
- An interest in good government and a commitment to non-partisanship
- Excellent writing skills and prior research experience
- Ability to apply superb attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Access to a computer capable of using and installing Microsoft Office (Word,Excel), and access to reliable internet and phone connections during work hours.