Propria is start-up company that makes fully functional and machine-readable human engineered heart tissues (EHT), for drug discovery and cardiac research. Propria’s MyoLab is a revolutionary instrument that automates measurements of EHT function. The company performs fee-for-service contract testing for pharmaceutical companies and other customers, using Propria’s proprietary technology.
The company seeks a Lab Technician to join our dynamic and collaborative team. Job responsibilities are listed below, with the understanding that a successful candidate will possess a high degree of flexibility. Startups often have to change directions or focus quickly and they also run into unforeseen circumstances. The ideal candidate will possess a positive attitude, flexibility, and a willingness to do whatever needs to be done as we work together to build this exciting business.
Quality Assurance Testing:
· Assist in writing detailed protocols for testing new functionality for Propria’s proprietary instruments
· Performing tests following detailed protocols exactly, recording results
· Documenting and answering customer questions, forwarding questions to appropriate personnel for response.
· Responding to customer inquiries
· Cleaning and maintenance of machines following a regular maintenance schedule
· Ordering of supplies and maintaining inventory
· Participate in recordkeeping activities – maintain logs