This Job Description is for a Senior Mechanical Engineer, however we are seeking mechanical, electrical and software engineers at all postgraduate levels of experience:
· Reporting to Chief Technical Officer
· Looking for a creative developer excited by the prospect of bringing novel technology to market in a fast-paced start-up environment.
· The successful candidate will lead the mechanical development of the ProteoWise instrument and the disposable fluidic devices that go with it.
· This responsibility extends from breadboards and prototypes through close involvement with the manufacturing teams who will implement the candidate’s designs into commercial products.
· Candidate must be hands-on with prototypes and evaluate their designs in the lab.
· Will work closely with the internal cross-functional development team of Software Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Optical Engineers, Biologists and Chemists to ensure systems are successfully implemented.
· Will work closely with the Manufacturing and Quality teams to transfer manufacturable designs.
· Will work closely with the Industrial design partner to faithfully implement the ProteoWise vision.
Skill & Experience Requirements:
· Must be fluent in the design and debugging methods of mechanical systems, and capable of producing mechanical parts and subsystems in house and using 3rd party suppliers.
· Must be expert in Solidworks.
· Experience with fluidic analyses and simulations a plus.
· Successful track record of commercial launch, especially launching fluidic, microfluid disposables a plus
· BS Mechanical or BS Biomedical Engineer. MS or PhD a plus.
· 5 years industry experience. More a plus.