Creative developer who is excited to bring novel technology to market. In this fast moving, fast growing start-up environment, your creativity and drive to get the job done will be highly valued and rewarded. This is an outstanding opportunity for the right individual to have a significant impact in the creation of Proteowise’s organization, products, and culture.
The successful candidate will:
· report to Chief Technical Officer
· lead Software Engineering effort as well as directly contribute to the code base.
· define the architecture (languages, operating systems, compute platforms, etc.)
· supervise the group and interface with management.
· manage the development of project timelines, develop methods (e.g. Agile methods), define the SW architecture (OS and languages, etc.) and control the builds/revisions of the code base.
· allocate the workload to the appropriate Engineer, assigning themself to code development deliverables as appropriate.
· own the user application for the instrument, including data visualization and web connectivity components.
· integrate code from other developers (image/signal processing and embedded instrument control).
· work closely with 3rd party developers who will integrate and verify their code with ours into our commercial product.
· work closely with the internal cross-functional development team of Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Optical Engineers, Biomedical Engineers, Biologists and Chemists to ensure systems are successfully implemented.