Company:Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Job Area:Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software Engineering
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age – and this is where you come in.
Qualcomm CDMA Technologies (QCT) is a world leader in 3G / 4G / 5G modem technologies and is actively seeking new highly energetic engineers for our industry leading modem verification and tools team. Candidate will design and develop the advanced modem test frameworks needed to validate the functionalities of the modem technologies that are delivered in Qualcomm mobile chipset products. The position entails programming in Python and C/C++ in a linux environment. Candidates will participate in the design and implementation of analysis tools that will be use to validation and display the performance metrics of the 5G physical layer modem firmware and hardware. In addition, candidates will have the opportunity to contribute to the system integration of advanced wireless modem technologies. Engineers will work in small, tightly-knit software teams and engage with other cross functional teams to deliver high-performance and high-quality products to the wireless marketplace. Responsibilities include ownership of the design and implementation as well as customer support of the various test frameworks and tools develop within the system software integration team. The system software integration team works closely with Qualcomm’s world class modem firmware, systems, and ASIC engineering teams to design, implement, and optimize our current modem products while also influencing the evolution of their design and inspiring the Qualcomm products of the future. This position will offer the opportunity to work on building cutting edge end-to-end prototype and trial systems to enable the deployment of 5G NR to the global market.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• Design and implement needed components within the MVT framework to validate the functionalities of Physical Layer in accordance with the 3GPP 5G NR specification.
• Design and implement tools to display the performance metrics for the 5G NR system under different user case scenarios.
• Collaborates with others inside project team to accomplish project objectives.
• Gathers, integrates, and interprets information specific to a module or sub-block of code from a variety of sources in order to troubleshoot issues and find solutions.
• Collaborates with individuals within domain to complete the team’s work.
• Stays focused and deals with setbacks in a timely manner.
• Seeks out learning opportunities to increase own knowledge and skill.
• Completes assigned coding tasks to specifications on time without significant errors or bugs.
• Resolves straightforward software issues and bugs within a reasonable amount of time.
• Actively seeks answers for new challenges.
• Prioritizes project deadlines and deliverables with close supervision.
• Is receptive to others’ suggestions about ways in which a problem can be addressed differently.
• Escalates technical issues to an appropriate party (e.g., project lead, colleagues).
• Networks with colleagues within domain to gain insight, ideas, and connections.
• Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
• 1+ years experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
• TCP/IP networking with Linux and Windows development expertise.• Experience in 5G NR wireless protocol.• Excellent communication working with different technical teams.• Ability to work with prototype hardware developing software tools for
performance validation. • Knowledgeable in modular design with the ability to work within a team
• Ability to work well in a team environment working on multiple projects with
• Android and Labview programming is a plus.
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Our Work Experience is the combination of everything that’s unique about us: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our commitment to sustainability, our recognition programs, but most importantly, it’s our people. Our employees are self-disciplined, hard working, curious, trustworthy, humble, and truthful. They make choices according to what is best for the team, they live for opportunities to collaborate and make a difference, and they make us the #1 Top Workplace in the area.
Employment Notices for US-based Job Postings
Equal Employment Opportunity
"EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Provision
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
Family Medical Leave Act
Rights of Pregnant Employees
Discrimination and Harassment
California Family Rights Act
Prepare and succeed
Qualcomm Interview FAQs
Employment Fraud Alert
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial or personal information from job candidates. Please note these communications are fraudulent. Click here to view our Employment Fraud Alert.