You want to work on small teams, learn directly from experienced partners, and receive thoughtful and personalized mentorship. You want to focus on healthcare from day 1, work across the industry, and support companies ranging from VC funded start-ups to some of the largest healthcare companies in the world. You love problem-solving and take on challenges with excitement and creativity. You want to be part of a fun, down-to-earth workplace.
Associate Consultants have responsibility for research and analysis of specific project elements and also contribute across all aspects of project delivery. A typical week will involve interviewing industry experts, analyzing data and extracting key insights, developing a point of view on how project learnings will answer the overall strategy question, and creating materials that articulate these ideas. Associate Consultants also have opportunities to contribute to the firm more generally, for example through side research projects or by taking ownership of an internal process.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree with a focus on domains requiring rigorous, data-driven thinking
- Evidence of a desire to stretch your intellect, for example by taking on challenging coursework
- Some work experience that has included exposure to what managerial decision making looks like (can be through summer internships, or 1-2 years post-graduation)
- Demonstrated interest in healthcare or related fields; significant exposure is a major plus
- An ability to communicate complex concepts in a straightforward manner
- An ability to actively listen, engage in rigorous debate and participate in collaborative thinking
- A passion for being part of a team, and delivering fresh perspective with supporting evidence
Recon Strategy strives to create a diverse team and welcomes applicants of all backgrounds. Candidates must be able to legally work in the United States.
If you are interested, please take a look at our website to get a better picture of the firm and read some of our blog pieces to see how we think. To apply, use your school’s online submission process (preferred) or if that is not available to you then just email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “New Applicant” in the subject line.