Position: Development Analyst
Department: Redbrick LMD Development
Reports To: Senior Vice President, Development & Senior Development Associate, Development
Redbrick LMD (“Redbrick”) Redbrick LMD is a diversified real estate investment management and development firm. It specializes in opportunistic and value-added residential and mixed-use projects with a focus on the Washington D.C. metro market and selectively invests in other markets. Redbrick LMD’s leadership team has significant experience in the acquisition and repositioning of existing projects, the entitlement and ground-up development of new projects, and the financial and legal structuring of transactions to maximize returns while mitigating risks for investors Redbrick LMD’s 4 million square foot development pipeline represents the largest pipeline of opportunity zone investments on Metro in Washington, DC.
We are seeking recent or graduating college seniors with superior academic records and proven excellence in quantitative, analytical, composition, and communication skills. This position will assist the Senior Vice President(s), Senior Development Associate(s) and the larger Development Team in all aspects of the development process of complex urban projects, including acquisition, financing, zoning/entitlements, design, permitting, construction, leasing, delivery and disposition. Development Analysts are largely responsible for the daily operation and advancement of development projects. In particular, Development Analysts must have superior time management, quantitative and problem-solving abilities. Accordingly, Development Analysts will encounter a variety of roles ranging from high-level decision making to maintaining detailed project coordination and organization.
· Coordinate and attend design and construction meetings;
· Create and maintain financial analyses in conjunction with senior Development team members and the Finance team;
· Assist in RFP and contracting process for architects, engineers, contractors, and other outside consultants; present recommendations to the Development Manager; assist in the contracting of various consultants, contractors, and vendors; work closely with the design and construction team throughout the development process.
· Prepare and monitor budgets, including preparation of monthly loan draw packages and lender and/or investor reports;
· Assist in obtaining project entitlements and permits, including meetings with City/County staff to negotiate outstanding issues; creating presentations for public forums; assist in tracking the fulfillment of entitlement proffers and conditions;
· Track project schedules and monitor progress and delays;
· Review contractor, consultant and vendor invoices for accuracy and compare to applicable proposals/contracts;
· Work with financial analysts to keep project-specific economic models up to date;
· Perform independent research and regularly communicate with brokerage firms and other research outlets to monitor and analyze market trends and report to team on relevant developments;
· Maintain critical path schedule and contracts with consultants;
· Assist with the preparation of investor presentations and periodic reporting materials;
· Prepare ad hoc partner-level reports and analyses;
· Proven experience in Excel-based financial modeling and strong analytical skills;
· Experience using PowerPoint required and Yardi preferred;
· An understanding of basic accounting concepts, development return metrics, and multifamily and office investment fundamentals;
· Ability to apply critical thinking and recommend alternative methods of analysis;
· Streamline complex processes into easy-to-understand, presentable messages;
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines;
· Excellent communication skills and ability to present and support underwriting assumptions;
· Proven organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail; and
· Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree in related major;
· 0-2 years of professional work experience (experience in the real estate industry is much preferred);
· Passion for real estate development; understanding of the development process
· While candidates must be collaborative, they should also be able to work independently and lead portions of a project to leverage Development Manager’s time;
· Knowledge of development fundamentals; including the process, proforma, design, financing, permitting, construction, and project management;
· Strong attention to detail, integrity, and the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism in a fast-paced dynamic environment; and
· Strong financial, entrepreneurial, problem-solving, time management, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.