Location: Remote | WA – Seattle | CA – San Francisco IL | TX – Dallas
Redfin (Nasdaq: RDFN) is revolutionizing the $75 billion real estate industry. We use data, beautiful software, and innovative design to put customers first at every step in the home-buying and selling process. Get ready to dive headfirst into our award-winning website and mobile apps, solving complex business problems in a highly visible, customer-centric way. If you value doing great work in a collaborative environment, join our team!
As a Data Analyst Intern, you’ll use some of the most robust real estate search and customer activity data in the world to build tools and answer questions that drive key business decisions across the entire company. You’ll help us turn the vagaries of human behavior into clear, specific, and thoroughly vetted recommendations for action. Redfin’s business model is unusual in its breadth, so even simple questions will require complex logic to find an answer. You’ll have the opportunity to wrangle that complexity into clear and direct metrics, reporting, and recommendations. You’ll work on data sets ranging from thousands to hundreds of millions of records using modern tools, and develop the skills necessary for extracting meaningful human information from them. You’ll learn how to communicate analytical insights to business stakeholders effectively, as even the most insightful analysis is useless if it isn’t understood by others.
- Partner with teams across the company like Product, Engineering, and Real Estate Operations to analyze the health of our business, identifying and explaining sources of weakness and strength
- Perform targeted analyses, diving deep to answer broad questions about specific aspects of the business
- Apply the fundamentals of data visualization to build reports that are beautiful, clear, and compelling
- Craft and deliver presentations to stakeholders in other departments which go beyond simple reporting to provide recommendations about what the company should do in response to the facts
Desired Skills & Experience
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Data Science, Business Analytics, an experimental science, or a related field with at least one semester/quarter remaining after internship.
- Completed coursework or other experience using SQL to aggregate data for visualization and insights
- Completed coursework or other experience with one or more of the following in a data analytics context is a plus: Tableau, PowerBI, Excel, R, Python, Postgres, Amazon Redshift
- Possessing a curiosity that doesn’t stop at the “What?” but hungers for the “Why?” and “What if?”
- Great communication skills and ability to explain complex ideas clearly to a non-technical audience
What We Offer
- Support and resources to continue learning, a brilliant team with which to collaborate, and a commitment to your career so you can grow with the company under a management team that has experience building startups into profitable, publicly traded companies
- Far more responsibility than at a big company, while at the same time far less stress than you will find in a 2-person startup
- The fruits of your labor are released every day and you’ll share in our joy as we hear back from customers and national media
- A well-defined career ladder and management support to help grow your career.
- Competitive compensation packages with a salary, bonuses, restricted stock grants, and generous benefits
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.