Location: Remote | WA – Seattle | CA – San Francisco IL | TX – Dallas
Redfin (Nasdaq: RDFN) is revolutionizing the $75 billion real estate industry. We use data, beautiful software, and innovative design to put customers first at every step in the home-buying and selling process. Get ready to dive headfirst into our award-winning website and mobile apps, solving complex business problems in a highly visible, customer-centric way. If you value doing great work in a collaborative environment, join our team!
As a Data Engineering Intern, you will be part of the team that owns Redfin’s data automation platform, data warehouse, and agent pay system. This role will contribute to our Data Warehouse and help provide valuable data to downstream analysts and report users. You will help import, transform and optimize data used across the business in reports and analysis, enabling the data driven machine that is Redfin.
- Assist in onboarding new source system objects into our Data Warehouse
- Assist in modeling datasets and adding business logic for downstream consumers
- Performance tune and optimize existing processes
- Monitor and help troubleshoot operational issues
- Identify and remove obsolete objects from our Data Warehouse
- Triage and complete support tickets for Data Engineering
Desired Skills & Experience
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Information Systems or a related field with at least one semester/quarter remaining after internship.
- Completed coursework or other experience using SQL to aggregate data for visualization and insights
- Completed coursework or other experience with one or more of the following in a data analytics context is a plus: Relational or columnar databases, AWS tools (S3/Redshift/API Gateway), Python is a plus
- Working knowledge and hands on experience in relational or columnar databases
- The ability to deal with ambiguity, communicate well with partner teams – both technical and non technical, and a strong empathy for the customer experience
- Possessing a curiosity that doesn’t stop at the “What?” but hungers for the “Why?” and “What if?”
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation packages with a salary, relocation and housing stipend
- Far more responsibility than at a big company, while at the same time far less stress than you will find in a 2-person startup
- A company that takes care of its employees, giving them the tools, support, and benefits to be successful, regardless of if we are in the office or working remote
- Strong startup culture with catered lunches, casual dress code, happy hours, and more
- Close mentorship by a Senior Data Engineer who will be available for both formal and informal meetings and discussions
- The opportunity to work start to finish on meaningful tasks and projects, using new technologies and building data structures that last
Redfin is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.