At Regeneron, we are known for our scientific excellence, our biomedical innovations, and our commitment to publishing important basic science findings – often leading the way in discovering and communicating important mechanistic insights. We are a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. We have a long-standing postdoctoral fellow program and are committed to training the next generation of leading scientists.
The postdoctoral fellow position is for early career scientist trainees who have finished graduate school, and received their PhDs (or MDs, DVMs, etc), to receive a rigorous scientific postdoctoral training at Regeneron under the auspices of a scientist mentor. The program spans up to four years. Fellows will be expected to conduct creative mechanistic exploratory research that results in publication. The program is academic in nature – the goal is to ask fundamental questions – not to work on Regeneron therapeutic agents.
The program consists of:
- Up to four years of formal postdoctoral training in a program co-Directed by award-winning and published Regeneron scientists, committed to training postdoctoral fellows
- Exposure to the biotechnology industry’s most successful and innovative scientists
- Opportunities to pursue ground breaking, creative biomedical research in a prestigious, well- resourced, and dynamic industry environment
- Weekly postdoctoral scientist meetings to cultivate scientific rigor, creative thinking, critical reasoning, and career advancement
- Support of scholarly productivity such as publications and conference presentations
As part of your Postdoctoral Training Program, you will:
- Conduct forward-looking and innovative research to address a novel scientific question of your choice with the guidance of a mentor
- Publish and disseminate data via external conferences and peer-reviewed publications
- Have the opportunity to assist with mentoring and guiding interns and other more junior trainees
- Participate in postdoctoral program activities such as weekly meetings and the annual research conference
- Present data internally, including at lab meetings, trainee meetings, and company-wide seminars
- Provide reports of research progress to supervisors and program staff
Experience and Required Skills:
- Doctoral degree in a relevant subject area
- Scientists looking for their first postdoctoral training (or those with less than one year of postdoctoral training)
- Outstanding scientific skills including critical and analytical thinking
- Demonstrated publication success as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interact dynamically and constructively with peers, and cross-functionally when applicable
- Note: occasional travel
Applications Accepted: October 1, 2021 – December 1, 2021
- A full academic CV
- At least two letters of recommendation
- Responses to two essay questions
Within one business day of applying you will receive an email with instructions on how to complete your essay questions and upload documents.
All documents are required to be submitted no later than December 1, 2021.
Applications received after December 1, 2021 may not be considered.
Following the close date, please allow 3-4 months for review and interviews.
Targeted Start Date: Summer 2022, but the start date is flexible – depending on when you finish defending your graduate thesis or finish up prior manuscripts.
If you have an issue submitting or any questions, please email: email@example.com.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.