Relman Colfax PLLC is seeking candidates to begin a two-year civil rights paralegal position in early summer 2021 in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. Paralegals support the attorneys in both the civil rights litigation and counseling practice groups at Relman Colfax. We are seeking candidates with a dedication to civil rights and learning more about the litigation process. Relman Colfax will be accepting and reviewing applications on a rolling basis beginning December 15, 2020 through March 15, 2021.
- Interview individuals seeking legal representation.
- Assist in conducting factual investigations.
- Review client and discovery documents.
- Assist attorneys in the preparation of legal briefs, client presentations, and preparation for trials.
- Participate in the analysis of statistical data to assess disparate racial impact.
- Communicate with clients and witnesses.
- Primary responsibility for administrative tasks supporting litigation and counseling matters.
- Paralegals have opportunities to attend strategy sessions, client meetings, depositions, hearings, and trials.
- Perform other support tasks as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to work in a team environment.
- The ability to communicate with Spanish-speaking clients is a priority for the firm, and so we value Spanish-language skills as well, but they are not required.