Academic Credit: Offered upon the school department’s approval
About the role
This role will involve working on some combination of the below. Please be sure to review our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and Youtube) prior to applying!
Working with the marketing team to create and implement social media campaigns that promote RDI to stakeholders and different segments of our target audiences;
Maximizing engagement with members of the online public and responding to messages, comments, or posts in a witty manner consistent with RDI’s views;
Creating engaging, informative online content that can be adapted to our various digital channels. This will involve writing pithy captions that effectively summarize key ideas;
Using our social media management platform (Social Pilot) to monitor analytics to draw in and maintain a wide audience;
Planning and executing the distribution of multimedia content, with the twin aims of maximizing reach and developing a consistent brand for RDI;
Working with key RDI stakeholders to simultaneously promote their and RDI’s online brands;
Reaching out to diverse communities of online influencers to further disseminate our content;
Leveraging and maintaining our customer relationship management database in order to track contributions and audience interactions with RDI content.
Qualifications of an ideal candidate:
- Knowledge of social media management, marketing, and/or communications is absolutely key. Our platforms include Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn;
- Exceptional undergraduates, graduate students, recent grads; or those with relevant & commensurate work experience are encouraged to apply;
- Detail-oriented to a fault;
- Strong belief in RDI’s mission and values;
- Politically well-informed with a strong intuition for how to make content resonate with the online public;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Open-minded and willing to interact with those whom they may disagree with;
- Social, articulate, and a self-starter unafraid to take initiative;
- Experience with SEO, Youtube, & website design is a plus;
- Experience with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) metrics is a plus;
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management and relevant online databases, such as EveryAction and SocialPilot, is a plus.
Logistics & Benefits
- An ability to work remotely due to the current crisis and, if/when it’s safe to return to the office, an opportunity to work at an exciting start-up with unlimited snacks, coffee, and other perks;
- Our internships last 3-6 months. Interns can either work full time (40 hours/week) or part time (25+ hours/week); but can be flexible depending on applicant’s circumstance;
- Hours are flexible and we are willing to work around your academic schedule;
- An opportunity to work closely with senior organizational leadership, including the Executive Director, as well as access to members of the Board of Directors, and other individuals from RDI’s extended network;
- This is an unpaid internship;
- A typical day could include spending a few hours on RDI’s social media channels; discussing content ideas with teammates; participating in a lunch-and-learn with a prominent political figure, a world champion poker player, or a business leader; reviewing RDI’s customer relationship manager; and attending team meetings to update & improve upon our social media strategy
We will be recruiting on a rolling basis and is urgently hiring. Please send a resume, brief cover letter, and, if possible, any examples of your work that would be relevant to social media management (Feel free to be creative) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also indicate your desired hours per week and start date in your cover letter. Only complete applications will be reviewed.