This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
The Rian Immigrant Center, located in downtown Boston, Massachusetts, is seeking motivated and enthusiastic law interns to assist our Immigration Legal Services team with their case work. This position offers a wonderful opportunity for someone to become part of a team dedicated to assisting immigrants and refugees, to learn about the practice of immigration law, and to gain a deep appreciation for a diverse range of cultures. In this role, you will gain experience as part of a supportive Immigration Legal Services team in a non-profit setting, be given significant responsibility, and receive on-the-job training and support.
The Rian Immigrant Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds and languages to apply.
Demonstrate a commitment to social justice and equity; actively participate in Rian’s efforts toward being an anti-racist organization; and value, promote, and integrate anti-racist ideas and policies into one’s work.
20+ hours per week (but willing to work with class schedules – hours negotiable), between Monday and Friday. Rian Immigrant Center is closed on the weekends.
January–June 2022. Start and end date are adjustable as needed.
We are glad to assist with any requirements to qualify for academic credit. A small monthly stipend may be offered for 20+ hours – please inquire for further details.
- Assist attorneys in filling out immigration forms for clients
- Prepare cover letters and affidavits for clients
- Conduct legal research on immigration law matters
- Assist with legal consultations (currently all remote)
- Other duties as necessary
- Pursuing a U.S. law degree;
- An interest in immigration law (prior experience or classes in immigration law is a plus)
- A commitment to the overall mission and values of the Rian Immigrant Center
- Great organizational and interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Articulate and clear communicator
- Highly motivated, an ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole or French language skills a preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
2. You also need to complete our online application form, which can be found here: https://www.riancenter.org/internship-application/
ABOUT THE RIAN IMMIGRANT CENTER (formerly the Irish International Immigrant Center)
We empower over 3,500 immigrants and refugees annually from more than 120 countries by providing the legal, wellness and educational support they need to build successful lives. Building on our Irish roots of welcoming others and social justice, we help newcomers find community, and we stand up for immigration policies that are humane and just. America is a nation of immigrants, and we are proud to continue the tradition of welcoming immigrants to this country and working together to create a better future for all. Our vision is of a society where
all people are welcomed and valued and enjoy equal opportunities and protections. Rooted in the Irish tradition of hospitality, we work to create a safe and welcoming place for people from around the world who come to our Center. For more information on the Rian Immigrant Center, please visit www.riancenter.org