Youth Movement Internship
The Equation Campaign is looking for a dynamic, energetic intern with a passion for climate justice eager to learn and grow with us about how philanthropy can support movements. Specifically, this internship is focused on researching and supporting the youth climate movement and sharing learnings from that space back to the team.
You will work closely with our team to develop a learning and action plan focused on strengthening the youth movement and our work to support them.
The Equation Campaign, a project at the Rockefeller Family Fund, is a new ten-year funding initiative working to bring about a safe and just future by enhancing the power of movements to keep oil and gas in the ground.
The Equation Campaign supports the climate movement by funding resistance on the ground and diminishing the industry’s sources of financial support. We also make grants for strategic litigation and the legal defense of activists. We also work to revoke the industry’s social license by countering their deception with fact-based projections that a clean and just economy is attainable now.
- Fulfill tasks set out by Equation Campaign team
- Attend meetings related to youth movement issues and information
- Perform research at team’s request
- Develop a plan for action and work in concert with Equation Campaign team
- Perform other tasks as requested
- 1 year or more experience in the youth climate movement
- Passion for equity and justice in the movement and beyond it
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work remotely and is a self-starter
- Excellent team player
- Ability to meet commitments and deadlines
We are looking for a high school graduate/pursing a Bachelors degree. S/he will have a knowledge and/or interest in philanthropic institution .