This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Sarasota County Government is seeking an intern to assist with the Emergency Rental Assistance Program. This is a unique opportunity for an inquisitive and self-motivated individual to make a positive impact on the citizens of Sarasota County by processing applications submitted to this program to provide financial assistance to those in need during this time.
- Ideal competencies for this position include but are not limited to: ability to communicate clearly and effectively, orally and in writing; strong customer service abilities; flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced atmosphere; attention to detail; along with creative problem-solving skills.
- Thoroughly review submitted packets for compliance
- Working with citizens of Sarasota County (landlords and tenants) on their application submittals
- Strong customer service required
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position.
Work Hours: Flexible schedule available – Part-time or full-time work ranging from 20 – 40 hours/week; Hours will be scheduled within Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must be currently enrolled in a college/university (proof of current enrollment required at time of application)
- Sufficient personal initiative, confidence and responsibility to own a project and its success
- Energy and tenacity to stick at the project and always find a path forward to complete it
- Temperament to learn–changing behavior whenever something could be done better
- Ability to read and follow protocols
- Effective communication skills–both writing and speaking
- Ability to engage and gain value from those who can help during the project and in using its findings
About Everything Else
Pay Range: $10.00 – $17.50/hour (Pay rate is determined by year in school/hours completed.)
Internship Duration: Approximately 3 months
A different blend of voices prompt better conversations, choices and results for everyone. Sarasota County – Many Voices, One Team.
Diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) are the keys to serving, representing and understanding our community. We celebrate and value the experiences, backgrounds, perspectives, talents and strengths that make us different and are committed to creating a culture of understanding and respect where our employees realize that we are stronger together.
Our vision is to have a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that attracts, develops, retains and engages a talented workforce broadly representative of the citizens and communities we serve. To further value creativity, innovation, collaboration and great customer service – internally and externally.
Sarasota County Government promotes diversity and inclusion in its workforce and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identification or expression, genetic information, religion, national origin, marital status, age or disability. A job applicant with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to participate in the application/selection process is requested to make known the need for an accommodation to Human Resources or appropriate county staff members. For assistance with the application, please call 941-861-5353.
Government employers are drug-free and tobacco-free environments, EEO/AA/ADA employers, and they prohibit discrimination in all services, programs or activities.
Sarasota County Government is a Tobacco-Free/Drug-Free Workplace.