This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $127 million in funding and 70,000 organizations that believe we’re on to something, we’re building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role Software Engineering Interns at Sentry write real code on real projects that ship to production; no fetching coffee required. In this role you will:
- Be matched with one of our Product or Infrastructure Engineering teams, based on your interests and experience
- Design, develop, and ship a programming solution that drives real values to customers (and if time permits, write about it on our blog)
- Act on feedback, coaching, and mentorship from your manager and teammates
You’ll love this job if:
- You want to experience being a full-time engineer on a team and not be “just an intern”
- You value mentorship and being able to work closely with and learn from world-class engineers
- You want to join a modern software development team that iterates and ships code rapidly
- You’re excited at the opportunity to contribute to an open source project every day
See work that other interns have completed:
- ++Implementing Sentry for Apache Beam++
- ++Usage Metrics for the Sentry Integration Platform++
- ++Error Monitoring for PySpark++
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or post-graduate degree program in Computer Science (or similar)
- At least 1 previous internship or equivalent practical experience
- You know the fundamentals of algorithms and data structures
- Willing to relocate to SF for the duration of your internship (we’ll help get you here and provide a housing stipend)
To Learn More About Sentry
- We just raised our series D! Learn more on ++VentureBeat++, ++Business Insider++, and ++TechCrunch++.
- We’re constantly writing about…us. ++Check out our blog here++.
- We’re also tweeting away. ++Keep up with us on Twitter++.
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.