The Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for maintaining and expanding the Foundation’s framework for financial data management, including data governance strategies, system integrations, data warehouse management and related reporting and data visualization. This role will report to the Director of Business Technology and will work in strong partnership with the Foundation’s financial reporting team.
- Ensure the data warehouse continues to meet business users’ needs for financial reporting and scales with organizational growth in size and complexity
- Maintain data management vision, goals, priorities, design principles and operating policies in support of business goals.
- Create and maintain data sets and ensure new data sets meet organizational data governance standards
- Support implementations and upgrades for management information systems used within the shared services group. Manage technical aspects of projects and serve as a liaison between business users and implementation team on technical topics.
- Develop integration strategies to connect management information systems, including the Foundation’s ERP system, to each other and to the data warehouse; implement and maintain integrations appropriate for the systems involved.
- Partner with business users to advance future systems projects related to reporting and business intelligence; help translate business requirements into technical terms and coordinate with other IT professionals involved.
- Develop and administer the Foundation’s master data management (“MDM”) system, data management policies and data stewardship procedures; maintain single source of truth within MDM so that correct, valid data is available to be used in all reports and business contexts.
- Maintain database models, data flow diagrams, database schemas, database scripts, document type definition schemas, structures and data standards.
- Develop and maintain metrics for data transparency, quality monitoring and process improvements.
- Analyze all data sets for meaningful relationships across sets, so that these relationships may be used as the basis for more insightful reporting and more efficient data structure.
- Understand key business relationships between data fields; recognize the different dimensions/attributes related to key fields and develop ways to track these consistently across systems and within the MDM system.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science; other degrees considered based on demonstration of equivalent technical knowledge and experience.
- MCTS, MCITP, MCSE: Data Platform, MVP certification, or other relevant certification is preferred.
- At least five years of relevant experience; at least two years specializing in business or finance systems and databases is preferred.
- At least 5+ years of experience in BI, data analysis and data modeling.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft SQL, SSIS is required.
- Experience with programming and/or scripting languages (Python, R, bash, etc.).
- Experience with extraction, transformation and load (ETL) strategy, design and implementation is required.
- Experience with metadata definition, implementation and maintenance; new business rules identification and implementation to data rules; transformation program library maintenance; XML file generation; and data quality is a plus.
- Involvement with the MSSQL server community; membership in PASS, active in forums or newsgroups is a plus.
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.