Are you passionate about education and teaching? Are you interested in helping students achieve their dreams and reach their academic potential? Would you like to be at the forefront of innovation in the ways that educational content is delivered online? If so, we would like to meet you! At Sinica Education, you will be working in an exciting and supportive start-up atmosphere in our offices on the Westside of LA.
What do we do?
Co-founded by Harvard graduates, Sinica Education provides online educational content and academic support to Chinese students from 7th to 12th grade in China and in the US. Using online tools, we provide short online courses, academic advising, one-on-one teaching, and other academic support and guidance to ensure our students’ success. Everyone on our team has the opportunity to interact with students and make an impact on students’ future growth.
What would you do?
As an academic specialist, you are responsible for leading small group and one-on-one online teaching courses with students. You will be asked to teach small group online classes to high school and middle school students in one or more of the following subject areas: History, English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. You will also be working with students and their parents one-on-one. No matter where in the world our students are located—whether they are in New England, California or China– you will help them to design their academic and extracurricular program at school. When needed, you will also tutor students one-on-one online. Furthermore, you will work with the students’ teachers and counselors at school to resolve problems and to push students to reach their full potential. Additional responsibilities include drafting reports on student progress, helping to design marketing materials, help with our college admissions counseling service, and working on other strategic initiatives.
What are the required qualifications?
· BA degree required; a graduate degree preferred. Those holding a PhD in the arts and sciences or an EdD are encouraged to apply.
· A real passion for education and desire to work with international students of different backgrounds, ages, and ability levels
What are other desirable qualifications?
· Classroom teaching experience at the high school or university level
· Experience with high school curriculum design
· One-on-one tutoring experience with high school or university students
· Experience working in a university admissions office
· Experience with online learning platforms
This is a full-time, on-site position in our West LA office.