Soleus is looking for an investment Associate to join the health-care investment team. The Associate will be focused on investing in public and private therapeutics, diagnostics and medtech companies and will play an integral role in all aspects of the investment process, from sourcing new ideas, to assisting in technical due diligence, through closing and post-investment management of portfolio companies.
The candidate should have a strong life sciences background including significant lab experience and expertise in molecular biology, genetics, next-generation “omic” technologies, etc. Candidates must be able to interpret and integrate information across diverse spaces within the life sciences and communicate findings effectively. Candidates must also understand business principles and market forces across the therapeutics and medtech sectors.
The role involves:
· Assisting the investment team in ongoing due diligence across the therapeutics, diagnostics, and medtech space.
· Identifying and evaluating investment opportunities across a broad range of company life-cycle stages.
· Preparing requisite documentation on potential portfolio companies, including investment memos.
· Assisting with the management of private and public investments, including follow-up diligence and maintenance of financial models for portfolio companies.
· Cultivating relationships with companies and relevant financial institutions.
· Attending and reporting on medical and investment conferences.
Soleus Capital is a healthcare investment firm primarily focused on the innovative areas of life sciences, including biotech and medtech. Soleus Capital invests across the healthcare lifecycle from developmental-stage companies through commercial companies. The Firm’s products include a long/short public equity fund and private equity funds. Soleus Capital manages approximately $1 billion.
Remote work options offered.