SOSO is looking for a talented designer with a passion for both digital and physical design to join our team. We are looking for someone who’s interested in designing for multisensory experiences at all scales: from mobile apps to touch-screen interactives to architectural lighting installations and more.
Designers work across multiple projects and teams, providing support and building the experience needed to take on increasingly challenging assignments. In collaboration with creative directors, architects, project managers, and software developers, they help define problems, devise design solutions, and communicate complex ideas. Designers must demonstrate creative design thinking, strong communication skills, and an understanding of the software development process. A strong foundation in graphic design will provide the basis for making compelling visual decisions across media.
We value multidisciplinary thinkers who can connect the dots between design and technology. You should be someone who takes a strong personal responsibility for the work while valuing teamwork and frequent collaboration.
This position is full-time with competitive benefits. Compensation is based on experience. If you’re interested in working on a variety of projects at the intersection of design and technology please send a cover letter, resume, and link to your portfolio/github to email@example.com.
As a Digital Designer at Sosolimited you will:
- Design cutting-edge digital experiences for a variety of media
- Create new design systems and solve problems within existing ones
- Participate in the entire design process from start to finish
- Inspire support and excitement for new ideas through image making
- Design for systems that handle live data and dynamic content
- Move fluidly between UX, UI, and visual design projects
- Produce mockups of physical installations
- Prepare proposals and presentations to share with clients
- Work collaboratively with architects, developers, and project managers to implement designs
The ideal candidate:
- Has expert knowledge of Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Has a strong visual design aesthetic and strong typography skills
- Considers how an experience works in a variety of contexts, screens, and media
- Possesses a keen eye for detail
- Has a degree in graphic design or a related field + some experience working in a professional design environment
Bonus points if:
- You have working knowledge of Final Cut Prom
- You can create motion graphics in After Effects or Motion
- Passion for getting the details right, but also an ability to see how those details fit into the big picture.
- Ability to understand projects at multiple scales. You can zoom in to the details and zoom out to see how the pieces fit together.
- Organized, detail-oriented approach to solving problems. You’re systematic and know how to retrace your steps.
- Willingness to experiment and prototype. Some creative problems require exploration before you can find a direction or solution.
- Clear, concise, and respectful communication. You’re always clarifying and keeping your team and the client informed of your progress and needs.
- Listening, compromising, and building consensus. You advocate for a specific approach but are open to other opinions.
- Self-directed contributor. You look for ways to help out and have strong time-management skills.
- Comfort with uncertainty. You have a systematic approach to solving problems and don’t fear the unknown.