This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Sparkloft Media is a social first creative agency, with offices in Portland, Atlanta, DC and a presence in Miami and Montana. With clients across the US and the globe. We are currently hiring for an Intern who would like to develop Social Media Marketing skills with an emphasis on Community Management. Users of social media are the most diverse of any content platform and our Community Managers are responsible for engaging with people from different backgrounds, in different regions of the world, and across different languages. When hiring interns, we value the authentic insight BIPOC and LGBTQ individuals bring to understanding communities that may not be well understood in traditional marketing. Due to various upcoming projects that require Community Management for Spanish speaking audiences significant preference will be given to those who have fluent Spanish skills and especially those with a bicultural understanding of those audiences.
About the Job
You will have the opportunity to participate in key areas of our business, including the development and implementation of social marketing campaigns and strategies, customer and market research and analysis, as well as content creation and community management.
This is a paid internship position (usually $15 p/h). Duration is 3 months but may extend if mutually beneficial.
Work will be remote to start, but we are specifically looking for someone located in commuting distance to one of our offices.
Typically strong candidates for this role have completed their degree and have some internship, work or work/study experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Write and edit content for social channels, blogs, video scripts, strategies and reports
- Work with account team to understand and develop core campaign messaging and overall strategy
- Brainstorm creative concepts that integrate social media into the marketing mix
- Identify key online influencers as it relates to client projects (within and outside of clients’ social communities)
- Use platform analytics tools, spreadsheets, and data to create client reports with meaningful, actionable insights
- Identify and report on relevant trends (clients’ industries, social, digital, pop culture)
- Understand key legal aspects of social media management and content creation, such as privacy, user data storage, contest rules, COPA, etc. and ensure compliance
Experience and Skill Requirements
Here are some of the qualities we are looking for in our ideal candidates:
- Must be able to be self-directed at times and take initiative
- Has demonstrated how to stay organized in a busy work environment
- Marketing, communications or business majors
- Previous hands-on experience managing social media for an organization
- Knowledge of all leading social media platforms and social media trends
- Earned, paid, shared and owned media knowledge
- Understanding of how social media initiatives can produce a positive ROI
- Understanding of all relevant aspects of digital marketing
- Active use of leading social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc.)
- Strong writing and analytical skills with relentless attention to detail
- Outstanding customer service mentality
- Ability to multitask and prioritize under pressure
- Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Competencies in Microsoft Office, Google Slides and project management tools
Requirements for all Sparkloft Media Positions
- Care more: exceptional customer service skills
- Curiosity: a high level of interest in constantly learning new things
- Problem solving: ability to identify and understand problems and willingness to solve them
- Sensitivity: a high level of awareness for the needs of colleagues, clients and the Sparkloft Media business
- Entrepreneurial spirit: a mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation and continuous improvement
- A global perspective and understanding of different cultures (ideally obtained through lots of travel)
- The absolute willingness to occasionally work nights, weekends or holidays (social media never sleeps)
We look forward to hearing from you!
Sparkloft Media is an equal opportunity employer. No recruiters please.
No phone calls or emails please, we are not equipped to handle them efficiently.
Powered by JazzHR