Cairo, May 28th, 2021
Vice President – Private Equity – CAIRO
SPE Capital is a leading Private Equity firm with a specific regional focus on the MEA region, with offices in Tunis, Casablanca, Cairo, Abidjan, and Paris. SPE Capital was previously the private equity arm of Swicorp, a leading financial services company active in MENA since 1987.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the investment team of an African PE fund, which just raised USD 260m from world-class institutional investors, and is actively investing in high-growth opportunities in Africa, within a number of sectors such as industry, healthcare and education. This position offers a wide experience across a wide range of industries in addition to managing an existing portfolio of investments.
The new Vice President will be involved in the projects/investment’s analyses, portfolio monitoring, and fundraising process. The selected candidate will be based in Cairo and interacting with SPE Capital’s Casablanca, Tunis, and Abidjan teams. The person will be reporting to the SPE Managing Partner in charge of Egypt and will mainly focus on the Egyptian market, but may be involved in other markets covered by SPE in North Africa and potentially Sub-Saharan Africa.
· Source deals in the Egyptian market, according to the fund’s criteria. This entails screening the market, approaching companies on a proprietary basis and entertain a network of contacts, intermediaries with the objective of securing a regular quality deal flow
· Execute transactions under the supervision of the Partners or Managing Partners. This includes assessment of business, management and opportunity, design of deal structure, modeling, valuation, term sheet drafting and negotiation, coordination and leadership of due diligence effort, management of relationship with target owners during the process, supervision of contract drafting and negotiation, signing and closing. This also includes interaction with the investment committee (prepare documentation, defend opportunity, answer questions and follow up with required data)
· Board membership and direct relationship with target management and shareholders to monitor performance and achieve strategic objectives.
· Create the conditions for a successful exit, and take leadership role in exit process execution.
· Supervising Associates and Analysts.
Candidate Profile & Requirements
Candidates should have the following skills and experience:
· At least six years of private equity experience or top tier investment banking. Backgrounds in global top tire management consulting firms will also be considered
· Strong undergraduate education in “Ivy League” or “grande ecole” type of university, MBA/CFA is a plus
· Deal making and private equity experience, ability to execute transactions in a largely autonomous way, including great organizational and project management skills
· Extremely strong analytical and financial modelling skills
· Great inter-personal skills, ability to establish and manage longstanding relationships with target management and different stakeholders
· Entrepreneurial profile, self-starting personality with strong team orientation
· Fluent in English and Arabic, fluency in French is preferred.
SPE is organized as a true partnership where each team member can evolve and progress to ultimately reach partner level seniority which grants access to firm equity as well as to the decision making of the firm.
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Start Date: Immediate
Application Deadline: July 15th, 2021
Interested candidates should send their CV & cover letter to email@example.com with the title “Vice President PE CAIRO” in the subject line.