This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
AT A GLANCE
You’re a motivated rising junior or senior student with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Research and Development
This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from JUNE 2, 2021 through AUGUST 6, 2021.
Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
THE SPECTRUM INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN THIS ROLE
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams – your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on June 2, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include:
- Acts as a Voice of the Customer for both Agents and Customers
- Discovers and understands Agents’ and Customers’ needs and pain-points
- Maintains clear communication with the Omni team lead or leads
- Knows, understands, and supports the Omni team’s UXR needs
- Conducts qualitative and quantitative discovery-phase research
- Conducts evaluative research, inclusive of usability testing
- Distills and communicates the UXR findings in an audience-specific, consumable format HERE’S WHAT IT TAKES TO GET STARTED
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship
- Qualitative research
- Quantitative research and analysis
- Problem space research
- Moderated UX testing
- UX archetypes and personas
- Journey mapping
- Axure, Sketch, Figma and all applicable collaboration technologies
Salaries depend on geography, experience, and education; negotiations begin at $18.50