This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
AT A GLANCE
You’re a motivated rising junior, senior, first year MBA student with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from JUNE 1, 2022 through AUGUST 5, 2022.
Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
THE SPECTRUM INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp. Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN THIS ROLE
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams – your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on June 1, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations. Internship responsibilities may include
- The intern will be working on all matters related to the Spectrum Community Investment Loan Fund, including identifying investment candidates, working on due diligence, small business impact and financial reporting, research on industries, investments and geographies, as well as areas outside of the Loan Fund that involve metrics and reporting.
HERE’S WHAT IT TAKES TO GET STARTED Required qualifications
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Degree
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Oral and written skills
- Organizational skills
- Strong research skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word
GGN100 290995 290995BR